Note: Community Action Works was formerly known as Toxics Action Center, the name used in many of these trainings.
Working with Volunteers and Developing Leaders
Learn tried and true methods to work with volunteers and develop leaders in a webinar in partnership with the Clean Water Network.
Is a Health Study Right for Your Community?
Learn more about the Health Studies Guide and decide if a health study will help your community meet you goals for a healthy environment.
Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Drinking Water
Learn more about PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) drinking water contamination with scientists and community organizers.
Dartmouth Biomass Project
Informational webinar about Dartmouth College proposal to build a wood and biodiesel burning facility in the Hanover NH area. Speakers include scientists, community organizers and an attorney experienced in bioenergy, climate, public health and forests and have the chance to ask questions. Recorded August 2019.
Zero Waste Webinar Series
Informational series on zero waste and composting with experts in the field. Recorded November 2019.
Part 1: Zero Waste 101 Webinar
Part 2: Commercial Composting Webinar
Part 3: Composting in Schools Webinar
- Campaign Planning – A guide for neighborhood groups organizing to clean up and prevent pollution in their communities.
- Group Building – Create a recruitment plan to strengthen your group and win.
- Fundraising – Develop a plan to raise the money your group needs.
- Interpreting Test Results – Understand the data from environmental tests and make a plan to use the data
- Public Hearings – Develop a plan to present at and recruit people to a specific public hearing.
- Message and Materials – Develop a message for your campaign and a plan to create needed materials.
- Media Events – Plan a successful, newsworthy media event & learn basic principles of using the media, and develop an effective message.
- Community Votes – Create a plan that will win your community vote.