Organizational Internship, Spring 2022
Organizational interns work closely with the operations coordinator and development director. They will take part in the foundations of Community Action Works’s work, helping with fundraising efforts, office administration, and planning our leadership retreat and other events. They will also have the opportunity to assist in program work as available.
- Creatively communicate Community Action Works’s work to members with mail and media.
- Assist with managing fundraising and other event logistics.
- Recruit activists and members to attend online and/or in person events.
- Do outreach to publicize online and/or in person events.
- Work to get Community Action Works in the media by helping with press events and writing letters to the editor.
- Maintain and organize records of donors, member lists, trainings and more.
- Create action alerts for members to weigh-in with decision makers on important issues.
- Assist with general administrative tasks.
- Commitment to environmental issues and social change
- Strong communication and writings skills
- Desire to develop event planning and outreach skills
- Must learn quickly and work efficiently
Click here to apply. This is an unpaid spring internship. We are able to work with students applying for course credit and scholarship through their school. Minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
We are still monitoring the COVID-19 situation and this internship may be in person, online, or a blended model. If in person, this internship will be located at our Boston or Northampton, MA offices. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a connection to Massachusetts and/or other northeastern states in which we work (CT, RI, VT, NH, ME).
Community Action Works is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a diverse workplace and a diverse movement. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.